Saturday

thoughts on a lovely girl

*Note: In response to a request as to the caliber of my poetic skills, currently being non-existent, I am submitting this prose to you a somewhat willing public. I make no claim to being a poet, and have no discernable attributes of a poet, save the temperment. That being said, read on.

I heard her before I saw her
A tender voice that neatly folded every sentence
At a corner where sidewalks join, we met
She acknowledged my presence with a nod and a smile
We were meeting for a lunch date
But I only hungered for her, to devour her whole
To crawl into her clothes, while she wore them, and skulk about
Doing as she does, seeing as she sees, as she likes it
She reclined her cleft chin atop clasped hands
An archway of auburn hair enclosed her alabaster face
Pink and wet, pursed lips pouted, and punctuated her point
I don't necessarily stare
But demand every minute detail from my lazy eyes
And with each gelatinous second that passes I become giddy.
My head swoons like a Manzarek organ frenzy
That rises like a missile from a hidden silo in my spine
She, oblivious of her violent affect on me
I resigned myself to embark on a noble crusade
As self proclaimed cartographer of her raw youth
Every inch, every crease, every mole, every dimple
Was recorded at length in my manifest
Then as I cradled her naked form, back melting into my chest
I found a petite scar on her neck
An incident with a chain necklace she later tells me
At last, a flaw! She is certainly human
All the more perfect in my opinion
Flesh blood and bones
Real.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed lovely.